View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #17
MARTINSR

Re: Help-Hood problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
Rad support hasn't been modified and the fenders were mounted so the body lines match what is on the doors going straight and not angled down.
The hood has been sectioned at the front but I made sure the rear ws where it was supposed to be.
Did it with the hood mounted and tack welded to the fenders.
I know I did something wrong just not sure what.

You may be right about starting over. Going to do everything I can to avoid that.
I wouldn't think a 1/4" would make that much difference as there is more adjustment in the hinges than that.
Thanks for your input.
Kim
AHHHHHH, Sectioning the front of the hood did EXACTLY the same thing as lowering the rad support! LOL Your hood being sectioned at the front in effect "closed" the hood further down! It is rotating the hinges forward EXACTLY as if the rad support were mounted lower.

That being said, think about cutting the hood reinforcement from the hood where the hinges mount and rotating it back up where it belongs. I am thinking this will put the pivot angles back to where they should be. I would personally simply put them right back to where they were, tack welding them in place and see how it works. But if you were to simply drill and put a nut a back where it was to bolt the hinge arm, that could work too, but I am thinking you would be gambling on if you are moving them both the correct amount as they would move different amounts. Now mind you, I am a body dude who cuts and welds chit together to figure out the math needed to move those two would be for someone a hell of a lot smarter than me. Thus, my advice to cut the piece out that includes both mounting points and rotate it so it is exactly as it was before you sectioned the hood.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote