View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #12
rockosocko

Re: TBI on an LS motor?

I'm sure it will work. Might cost a few $$ but getting the right fuel maps is the problem.

I have a '95 2500/NV4500 ext cab long bed that I got cheap and the block ended up cracking and needed a engine QUICK to get to work.

I had a previously built, forged .060 over 283, self ported Vortec heads (machined for higher lift cam) Comp ex268 cam, "air assault" ebay intake for Vortec heads, TBI adapter (more than enough room for Intake valve shrouding/clearance, and it runs considerably WELL (pig rich, but 15+mpg with 3.42 gear and stock 350 fuel maps and aprx 8.7 compression)
Having a bud go through a Rochester for me to go back to a carb/HEI til I can get my 472 caddy built up. THEN going with FI-Tech injection w/HEI

I'd call Brian Harris who has TBI-Chips and ask him about what it may take to get it to run "right" with the stock fuel maps. The only reason I DIDN'T use him was that my build was soo 'different' that he wouldn't even know where to start in selecting the mapping process for what I have. Others have suggested the 4.3 injectors, BUT, wouldn't know if at 'load' if it would be leaning out or not..

What LS motor are you considering? 4.8, 5.3, or 6.0?

E

OOOpps.. Just saw the date he asked..
Well, good info anyway.
rockosocko is offline   Reply With Quote