View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 12:04 PM   #46
MARTINSR

Re: Cab install jig?

This was the dolly I made for my cab. I the OP is talking more about lifting the cab but I thought I would post this being it's a great way to go IF you can for a dolly. Being my cab was being modified so much mounting it to a frame with the proper mounts to hold it was essential. I lucked out and got a frame that was cut up pretty bad and worthless, all but this area was wasted, so it worked out great! When I am done with it, I hope I can find someone who needs it, I would hate to have to cut it up and throw it away.

But my next endeavor is to make a cart of some sort that I can roll the cab up and off our flatbed tow truck (or a car trailer) and get it over to the sand blasters. The thing is, I can do that with this cart, but I need to take it one step further and that's make it be able to tilt onto it's back so the underside can be blasted. Then when it's back home or at the shop in the booth be epoxy primed under it and then tilt the cab back to it's normal position to be primed on the top side.

I am thinking of making that dolly out of 2x4s.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote