Thread: electrical draw
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #1
jared.landis

electrical draw

I have a 2004 GMC Yukon Denali with a draw. It all started back in November. I went down to start the truck and it was dead. I thought it was the battery so I got a new one. A week later it was dead again. I thought it was the alternator, so I replaced it. The truck was dead the next day. I thought on the off chance it was a bad battery so i got a new one, again. A week later it was dead again. I jumped everyday for the next couple of weeks while I tried to figure something out. It would be fine for the rest of the day starting just fine after being jumped. After asking around I ended up taking it to the local shop. They couldn’t find the source of the draw. A week later I ended up taking it to the GM dealership thinking that they would know the truck and that they would have a wiring diagram to figure something out. After 4 days at the dealership THEY couldn’t find anything. So I was stuck. I ended up calling around to some friends and they suggested I start pulling fuses one at a time. I started with the the radio, then the amp. After speaking with a friend they suggested pulling the fuse to the ac compressor with the understanding that it is electronically controlled to shut on and off. So I pulled it. Finally I had relief. For the next 3 months I had no issues, until 2 weeks ago. It all started up again. But now it won’t last 3 hours between jumps. if it does it has a very weak start, but it will start. i have had to jump it 5-6 times a week for the past couple of weeks. I am reaching out to see if anyone has had any experience with this and might have any ideas to try.
jared.landis is offline   Reply With Quote