View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 10:53 PM   #102
88k5jimmy

Re: Power Window Project DIY 64-66 TRUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieth View Post
update, guy who digitizes the part has been on vacation. Will get started on bracket this week. Kieth
Kieth

Did you find takers for your prototype testing?

Quote:
UPDATED VIDEO;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_7...ature=youtu.be

this shows my install of the retro window crank handle from Auto Loc; ALso my complaining of the PRICE!!! $100 per side; and the thing BINDS when engaged! What a low end piece of garbage, IMHO.

Speaking of low end pieces of garbage, you will see the other set of retro crank switches I bought, from Dannys Rod Shop on EBAY. these have a knurled shaft that does not even close fit my handles. My guess, fits 67-72. My loss, $139 gone.

In any case, the pass window is done on inside, now I need to run wires to ignition fused and GND.

BTW, does anyone know a good pass through that I can shuttle wires from cab to door? Something nice? I saw a spring with great mount for door and cab, wires ran through spring, I am sorry I did not buy when saw....

further, I have video coming where I do actual modification of regulator and mount motor to it for prep for drivers door, coming in next day or so.

Lastly, I may give you a sneak peak at a new product I am testing out, is a solid state module that will add one-touch express window up/down and power door lock control, also has receiver and transmitter fob for remote entry.
Steve

Any updates on window switch after the Auto Loc one? What about wiring routing update?
88k5jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote