View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #16
DransportGarage

Re: 4L60 (700R4) DIY Rebuild

Update: My "Mystery Guest" from the forum showed up on Saturday. He, his son and I talked for several hours, and he imparted much knowledge he had gained from doing 150-or-so 700R4s over the last several years. He left a full set of tools here for my use, including piston spring compressors, custom snap ring pliers for that nasty ring between the front and rear assemblies, a servo extractor, a large modified screwdriver for removing the large case rings, a couple of metric taps and a front and rear bushing. Also in the care package he gave me a few extra input shaft seals in case I broke one, some selective washers for the input assembly, and ATSG and ATRA manuals. There are several other goodies in the box that escape me right now. (How thankful do you think I am?)

We inspected everything, disassembled the input drum contents and found there were no teeth on a few of the 3-4 clutches, and one was broken radially. The timing on this rebuild is definitely right on.

The case is back, cleaned, primered, and I'm between coats of paint right now. I'll be back with pictures soon. Bob

Last edited by DransportGarage; 06-04-2014 at 05:17 AM.
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote