Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 10:38 PM   #45
skymangs

Re: S10 Swap how to

So the next step for me is to get the brake pedal assembly, brake booster, steering column, and gas pedal taken care of. I start with the S10 pedal assembly.

I cut steering column hole (in the toe board) about 2" farther to the left to give me room to work with. Next I center the S10 pedal assembly visually between the dash gauges, so that the column will fit properly when it's finished.

I trim the pedal assembly where it meets the dash. I can't really give you dimensions, I just do it by holding it up, marking it with a sharpie, trimming, checking, until it fits right. you will have to "pie cut" the right side slightly, and re-weld it to fit the contour of the lower dash though. I use the S10 pedal assembly holes, then drill new ones in the lower dash to bolt it in. I will use these same bolts to secure the steering column later as well.

I also tack a 1/8" piece of steel 6" x 8" between the pedal assembly and the firewall, to give it more strength.

Once the dash side is bolted in, I mark the center of the holes on the firewall, remove the bracket, and drill 3/16 pilot holes from the inside. I have a poster-board template I use from outside the firewall for the center-bore of the brake booster, then I drill the 4 pilot holes out to 7/16".
Attached Images

skymangs is offline   Reply With Quote