View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #38
Spalding

Re: 8.1L and 4L85e swap into a 1972 Custom Camper 4WD

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with the way those reliefs turned out. We'll see if the exhausts fit like I think they should when I get the motor back in.

Before wrapping up the frame work I welded up a few holes in the frame and crossmember that had been added but I will not use during my reassembly, and I installed a steering box brace to help reduce frame racking while turning (previously I noticed the front crossmember was starting to come loose where it is riveted to the frame rails and the steering box mounts were all loose too). I bought the frame brace from ORD and it fit well with only a minor amount of modification where the brake lines pass between it and the frame. That plasma torch has made things like that really easy. I also checked to make sure the harmonic balancer was going to clear the new brace the last time I set the engine in place to verify exhaust reliefs.

Since my fab work on the frame appears to be done I masked off some areas that needed paint from firewall forward, including the frame.
Attached Images

Spalding is offline   Reply With Quote