Thread: 55.2-59 55-57 one piece windows
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 05:25 PM   #318
DransportGarage

Re: 55-57 one piece windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBPanel View Post
Has anyone used the one-piece glass from Auto City Classics? Is it the correct size? I want to use smoked glass and get all of the pieces from the same vendor so there is no variation in tint.
I'd like to give you great news, but I just installed the Auto City Classic smoke door glass this week, and they don't fit well in the upper front corners. I'll have wind noise for sure, and can see the edge of the glass when it's seated as well as I can seat it (even without the mechanism). One of my pieces was bought 3 years ago and one was bought last month. I really like this company, but they've let me down on this one. Worthy of note, their smoke glass is made by a different company than their green or clear glass.

My advice? Use the template in this thread and have the glass made locally. Option two, make your own template out of cardboard. Option three, use an old factory piece of glass as a template and give that to the local shop.

Others, please chime in here.
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote