View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 02:42 AM   #27
gokellurself

Re: Kell's Two Cents - 1946 build

I guess I could hit a little update though, being as we finally made it to the 2nd page lol

I told you guys I had been doing a bunch of running around. I thought I had two full sets of these old wheels and was planning on using the best of the 8 and keeping a spare. By the time I had the tires pulled off I ended up with 3 misc. wheels however...

Soo oook then

About a year ago I found this guy about an hour out from me who's junk yard looks like it hasn't changed in 30 years. The place is incredible, so much cool stuff I could just look around out there for hours

He's actually a huge Dodge guy, has these Dodge trucks everywhere out there.

This is the truck I got my grille and lower valance piece from probably 9 months ago. Pretty picked through but still stuff there

I cruised out there to see what I could find, little odds and ends but I came up kinda dry. Of all things I need some review mirror arms and wouldn't mind finding old rusted ones over some new ones. Not a single one here though

He just got this thing in though, excellent condition and untouched minus the back half. I asked him how much for the grille Says he couldn't even touch the truck yet as he was still waiting on paperwork to clear. Figured I better let it be the next guy who needs the parts

Turns out he was interested in my old wheels and we struck a deal for an old windshield frame. My metal guy thinks he can make one solid frame from two busted frames so I figured hey, might as well grab it. So now I have two busted frames and still think it might just be better to cash out for the repop one. Anybody think theres a market for rusty windshield frames?

Anyways, got some stuff from the sandblasters and looking to get some color soon. Dash needs some metalwork and we'll be on our way

Keep wrenching out there though. Catch you guys later

Last edited by gokellurself; 08-08-2017 at 02:59 PM.
gokellurself is offline   Reply With Quote