Thread: 47-55.1 AD wiring
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 10:33 PM   #1
Matt_50

AD wiring

First off id like to thank you guys for all the help so far. This forum has been extremely helpful. As a few of you know I just got my drivetrain in, it's coming along pretty good. Front suspension, rear suspension, cab has a floor again, and now the drivetrain.

Time to start looking at the smaller stuff. I think I have brakes all planned and should go fairly smoothly. My fuel tank and system should also go pretty smoothly. But dont be surprised if i ask a little advice.

My truck is outside and so some of the little projects have found their way inside. Like the gauges. Well I took my wiring out of the donor 84 c10. I'd like to maybe use it. Any thoughts here? I started cleaning it up and separating it out. Wall in small workroom looks kinda funky now.

How many circuits am I really looking at on this truck? Only thing I'm really adding is gonna be the a/c. You guys think it's worth it to use the donor wiring harness? Or should i just buy a small kit. But then i need to add connectors and so on. But if i keep this one i probably need to shorten some of it and get rid of a lot.

I also know you get what you pay for, but wire is wire and a plastic fuse box is just plastic right? What's wrong with a 50 dollar kit off the ebay? Are there differences I should avoid? What's the painless wiring got that makes it so much? Instructions?

So I need a diagram, for a basic setup for a AD 3100. No power windows or locks... carburetor on the engine...

What's everyone's advice? Use new or old? New I add connectors.. old I take out extra wire and maybe shorten wire.

What have you guys done?
Matt_50 is offline   Reply With Quote