Thread: 47-55.1 AD wiring
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 01:41 PM   #10
Matt_50

Re: AD wiring

I see your point mr48chev. It's got age and I would not have a tech line to call for assistance. I'm reading up on wiring a car. It's been awhile since I had and kind of class on it. I'm ok with troubleshooting and making proper fixes, and adding in the small accessory or two. I've just never wired the whole vehicle. So far I'm leaning towards a new harness, but I think I will continue to play with this old one. See how it's put together and all and then draw up my own diagrams. I'd like to use a harness with instructions, but I'd also like to fully understand what I'm doing. I also have a lot of free time lol

Couple questions so far.

Are fusible links still widely used? Seems to me I could just use maxi fuses inline to protect spike areas. I didn't see fusible links in the painless diagrams. That and use relays. For example, seems like it might be worth adding a starter solenoid on firewall to shorten the cable with a lot of juice in it. Also, if I'm going to need new stuff anyway, I'm thinking I'll use LED lights throughout. Less electricity needed and they don't get as hot.

Thoughts so far?
Matt_50 is offline   Reply With Quote