View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
shaunatk

Re: My Project: 46 GMC on S10 Chassis with LSx Engine

Here's the radiator we used. I don't remember the exact measurements, but I want to say 19"x21"? Or 19" x 22".

Major modifications had to be made to the core support. The core support happens to mount RIGHT on top of the power steering box. We had to make our own fittings to that they would fit underneath, and will be making our own lines when the time comes. You can see the tight clearance here (again, it's so tight because we are trying to keep everything as low as possible).

And here's how it mounts to the frame (final welding has not been done yet)

We extremely modified the core support as well so that we could mount the radiator, and be able to get to the cap and so that the radiator would actually fit. We had to weld studs to the sides, because a bolt head will not longer fit inside because of clearance issues. Overall, I think it turned out great.

Just starting:

And finished:

Now that we have the front end mounted, and all of the panels lined up, it was time to finally mount the cab (which was suspended in air this entire time by the lift.

Before:

Here are the body mounts we created (short ones for the front, tall ones for the rear)

And here is the truck rolling around for the first time in probably decades! (this was an exciting moment, even though we still need to mount the running boards and the bed)

My 5 month pregnant wife (our first child) approves! (she's now 9 months)

Here's me pretending to drive it

First time I've actually opened the door on this thing. It didn't open well with the cab sitting on the floor of the barn for all these years, and we couldn't open it with it hanging on the lift

From a distance it looks better

Now it's time to tear it apart again, and start mounting the LSx

Last edited by shaunatk; 11-19-2010 at 12:41 PM.
shaunatk is offline   Reply With Quote