Thread: Ambulance
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #22
7T2

Re: Ambulance

You sound like you have similar tastes to mine. When I got my GMC I didn't know anything about ambulances, and being a hot-rodder I just thought it would be a cool, unusual vehicle to hit the Goodguys shows with. While I was doing my research I got hooked up with a couple "professional car" organizations (hearses and ambulances), and after talking to them I began to see how rare the GMC was, so I went the route of "non-invasive" mods, to be able to return the vehicle to at least as stock as it was when I got it if I wanted to.

As far as money goes, Suburban based ambulances are JUST now gaining popularity in the ambulance community, which has been focused mainly on car-based vehicles in the past. As a result, well-preserved example are generating their share of interest. It's hard to say how much money someone will pay for one, but the interest is there, and the car-based ambulances are getting harder and harder to find, so people are turning their attention to the early truck-bodied ambulances and vans.
1969 Chevy C10 Short Bed
1972 Chevy C10 Long Bed *SOLD*
1996 C3500 Dually *SOLD*
7T2 is offline   Reply With Quote