View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
lha1992

PCV valve and a breather or just 2 breathers? 350 chevy

Hi all,

I just got a '72 chevy C20 Custom Camper a couple of weeks back, been doing the regular stuff to get it running good and all. The plugs that were in it before were some crappy brand of plugs called Autolite and they had a good big of oil on them i have to say. Prolly was running on 7 cylinders cause it was missing it seemed like. Anyways i put a set of AC delco R44T in it and it runs pretty good!

The truck doesnt have the original 350 in it though. Guy i bought it from said it came from a '76 which i GUESS idk was kinda rebuilt or half-assed i have no idea. Anyways goin back to my question though should i run a PCV valve in the passenger side valve cover and a breather in the driver side? OR should i just run 2 breathers instead?

The motor i kno maybe tired and prolly needs a rebuild but everything seems okay. I've heard that when a motor has alot of Positive crankcase pressure and you have a PCV valve that PCV valve will actually just put the oil that it maybe puking back into the motor and gum up your plugs right?

When i let the truck run and pull the PCV valve when i had it in the motor i would rev the engine and you'd see steam come out from the hole where the PCV was so i ended up putting a breather there and plugging up the PCV hole on the carb.

Though apparently the last owners had the PCV in the drivers side valve cover and the breather on the passenger. IDK if location of the PCV matters at all or not but if it does could one of ya'll explain?

But should i or should i not have 2 breathers? YES no? Good bad?
lha1992 is offline   Reply With Quote