View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
GSFMECH
On the road

Re: The GSFMech Build

I then got a hankering for a set of bucket seats and found a set on the board that Frank (PICKMUP) had out in Washington State. He gave me a deal on the seats, console and new upholstery so I bought them. It cost a lot to do and a lot to ship but I like them. The only problem was they are 69-70 style and I plan to one day get new buns and upholstery and redo them for 72 style covers. Kevin (65Streetcruiser) liked them so much he bought another set Frank had for his 65. The only problem is only 2 people can ride. We swapped Kevin’s back out for the bench when we went to Cruising the Coast a few months ago so I may go back with the bench and store these back for later. Anyway Wynne (HuggerCST) had a bucket seat brace that goes under the floor board and I plan to put it in soon. That console I got from Frank was perfect except for a few chips on top. I had to dye it blue and it came out OK. I found another console at a swap meet in Houston that had a perfect top and Wynne wound up with the bottom. I'll swap the other top to mine one of these days. Some of these are not a real good shots, it was dark in the shop that day. You can also see the carpeted gas tank cover in one shot which they only offer in one shade of blue and does not match. It's too dark. I think I'll get an upholstery shop to whip something up if I keep the buckets.
Attached Images

Castro- 72 SWB. Ochre and White. 496/400 turbo, GV OD ,Dakota Digital dash , tilt, Vintage Air, PS, hydro boost, factory buckets, console, QA-1 Coil over suspension, 20/20"Billet Specialties Magnetos

72 SWB. Med blue. 454/400 turbo, tach, tilt, Stock AC, PS,PDB, factory buckets, console, ECE 4/6 drop w/ 2" blocks and C-notch, 20/20"Coys- Crashed and destroyed by drunk driver Sept 2019. New 72 build in the works.

My new build thread "Castro"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=820934

My old build thread, the blue truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=271489

www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com

Last edited by GSFMECH; 12-26-2007 at 02:06 PM.
GSFMECH is online now   Reply With Quote