View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 06:57 AM   #12
scott123

Re: Driveway Two Tone

In the little shop I have a small 20 gallon compressor. I hooked it to a larger tank for some more volume.

The compressor runs an awful lot. This method will take years off the life of a compressor as the motor will run near constantly when painting, or using anything that requires a lot of continuous air.

I'm not a paint guy but when attempting to be one (LOL) lots of air is a must.

In the service a lot of years ago we sprayed a CJ7 with spray cans. We sanded and sanded. Primed and primed. Blocked and blocked. We had a competition. I sprayed one side and my buddy sprayed the other.

The biggest issue was tiger striping as it is hard to get a good overlap. As soon as there is compensation for the lack of overlapping (complete paint coverage) the chance for runs drastically increases.

In the end the Jeep looked good. His side better than mine. The paint help up for a year or so, maybe 2. After that is started to fade. If you drug your hand across on a panel it would show color on your hand.

It was a case of spray paint and a case of beer deal.

Like the above post said, check out youtube, there are a number of videos. Most turn out really well.

Scott
scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote