View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #1196
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: 85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

Yesterday I sent Scarlett to my local repair shop to have the A/C system charged. I hate to open the system up, but its mandatory to gain access to the motor to properly detail everything.

While inside the cab we had added Silent Coat Sound Deadner, and foil seal to reduce noise and radiant heat. To promote maximum air flow the blower motor was replaced and all the vent tubs were resealed with fresh weather strip foam. This pushes as much air as possible through the new Brothers Truck Parts vent.

Under the hood, the accumulator, low side valve, and relay were all replaced. I used new green O rings to seal all of the connections before snugging them in place. I also replaced the seals at the compressor for good measure.

With everything new or reconditioned like new my buddy Robert at Today's Automotive purged the system and charged it with Freon and oil. The temps were over 100+ yesterday when I picked the truck up. On the short ride home the cab was already comfortable. I'm just going to roll my windows up and chill for now.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 08-19-2017 at 11:46 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote