View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 09:07 PM   #358
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Time to bump it back to the top.
Windshield, done! Re-used the gasket that was on the truck when I bought it. I thought about painting the frame white, but went with black. Still not sure i made the right choice. Threw out the new Steele Rubber piece of .....................
[/URL]

In one of my other posts I eluded to the fact that my bed strips were giving me trouble. When I went to clean them up for assembly, I found what looked to be some kind of hardened sap all over them. Especially under where all the bolt heads were. I tried all kinds of chemicals to try and soften the stuff but nothing worked. It looked to me as if whoever assembled the bed of the truck put the bed strips in with the bolts right over the thin protective plastic the strips are shipped with. When he finally peeled the plastic off, the plastic remained under all the bolts, and in other places, only to dry and harden. The only way I could remove it was with my die grinder and scuff pads. What a job! With all my bed strips scuffed up, I had three choices. Buy new, try to re-polish them, or paint them. Well, I think this will work for now ....................
[/URL]
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote