View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 10:20 PM   #365
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Well, you guys keep pushing me further towards the bottom of the page, So I figure it's time to get busy and bump the 46 back to the top.

Been pretty busy around the Paintman's place with fall cleanup. But I did get the bed of the truck back on and got the wood bolted back in. Also got the fuel door and battery box living in their new home.
[/URL]

[/URL]

Also mounted the rear bumper. The one that came with the truck was ugly as hell so I got a rear bumper off a 47 on the cheap. Since I moved the rear cross member all the way to the rear of the frame, I couldn't use 46 bumper brackets. So I bought a set for a 47 and mounted them to the outside of the frame. I still have to weld the brackets and bolts to the bumper and shave the heads of the bolts off for that smoooooth look to match the front.
[/URL]

I also got some panels made for behind the seat. Not sure what Chevy was thinking when they made the original corner peices, as they are way to small.
[/URL]
Next up is getting some of the panels covered. I want to get as much of the interior done before I hang the doors. Paintman still plugging away at it!
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote