View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #370
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidaxel View Post
Has the snow melted yet!
Any updates?
Sorry Solid, not much to report on the truck. In fact today was the first I have worked on it since mid December.
I don't know how all you guys do it. Night after night, day after day, constantly working on your trucks. After I got the motor running and the bed back on, I really thought I would have the truck on the road by Spring. So I worked my backside off to keep moving things along in the Fall. Then I ran into some snags.

First off the weather got to cold here in NJ to paint the remaining parts I needed to finish. If you recall I shaved the back bumper. Then it got to cold to paint it. Problem there was I could not bolt the rear fenders on until I got the bumper back on.If you recall, I had to use 47 brackets that mount to the outside of the frame. Problem is with the fenders on I could not get the bolts in because the one bolt sits behind the fender.

So then I tried to move onto re-working the running board brackets because the previous owners had the wrong ones on the truck (to short) and I could only get one bolt on the under side into each board.
After that the only other thing I could really do was some upholstery work on the inner panels. I used a foam backed buckskin color. Kind of looks like leather.
[/URL]
I then wanted to move onto installing the inner cab tin but once again the previous owner had sprayed some kind of lizard skin on the back window surround that looked worse than Satan's jock strap. So knowing I had to strip that crap off prime and paint everything including the window wiper enclosure I just decided to take a brake and wait for spring. I really needed to take some time off from the truck. I was just getting to burned out on it. Remember, I thought I was just going to change spark plugs and oil on this damn thing 6 years ago.

Thanks to the truck, my other hobby had taken a back seat. For those of you that have been following along..........I have a 200 gallon salt water fish and coral tank that needs constant attention. I have neglected so much that back in January the tanks got infested with a bacteria that started to kill all my corals. So for the last 3 months I have been trying to save my tank. This includes massive amount of cleaning every day and spending a lot of money on some new equipment.
[/URL]

All along I have also been building a new full bathroom in our basement to try and get our 15 year old daughter out of our Master Bathroom. She hats sharing a bathroom with her sister.

Did I mention I don't know how you guys do this?

Lastly the other thing that is keeping me from working on the truck is my business. Ever since the election my phone has been ringing off the hook! Please lets not start a debate over this but facts are facts.

So anyways I think I am back now that the weather has broken here in NJ. In fact it was 70 degrees here today so I jumped back on the truck. I spent 4 hours stripping the black snot off of the inner tin that goes around the rear window.
[/URL]
Hopefully this week I can blow some primer on the tin and rear bumper and get back on track.

I'm still here I just don't know how you guys do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote