View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #13
forestb

Re: Forest's rebuild thread

Due to knee surgery and being to tired to take photos after working on the truck it has been a while sense I have updated the thread. Recently I have cleaned up and painted the front ends of my frame rails, installed a new oil pan and installed my break booster. Which will probably need to be reinstalled sense, when I originally got disk breaks, about 10 years ago, the guy that helped me install them thought the best way to do so is drill some holes in the fire wall and use the bracket from a early 70's pickup. Resulting in the bracket that is not lined up with the original hole in the fire wall and vary difficult to reinstall.

In recent news I found about a 1/2 inch of bondo on the roof while stripping the paint out of the drip rails. I figured there would be some but not that much. Now I know why they sell ladder racks. It is not all bad news though. I only found surface rust in the drip rails and the roof does not appear to have any serious rust either.

No that is not a sand trap on a golf corse that is bondo. The red arrow is pointing to where the bondo starts to thin out.
Attached Images

forestb is offline   Reply With Quote