View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #17
CSHADES

Re: 1940 dash replace

Just an update on the ongoing project of the dash. I temporarily installed the gauges into the cluster, I wanted to see how everything was going to fit and also to set the speedo switches. I also wanted to test the cruise control after changing the speed sensor to a different pulse per mile sender. I am happy to say the speedo works great and matches the gps speed. The cruise on the other hand is trying to be difficult. I have a lot of surging and dropping out of speed. I adjusted the gain on the cruise unit which didn't seem to help. I have another idea that I am going to try today and hopefully cure its issue. I drove it to the shop yesterday morning to hopefully get it in to check the front end alignment. On the way in I had the heat on(37 degrees outside) and something was really stinking up the inside of the truck. As a lot of you that have been following my updating of this truck know, I added defrost and a different dash with new switches. I thought the stink was coming from the new switch burning off the manufacturing oil/contaminates, but no after checking it out at work I figured out the heater motor was drawing so much power that the motor was so hot I couldn't touch it. Luckily I have a few more heaters at home so I disassembled another one and swapped motors in mine. I am really glad it didn't catch on fire as hot as it was. I will be working on the dash cluster after this weekend, I am going to the first swap meet of the year(around here) this weekend to pick up some things I need for the cluster and finally get it done.
CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote