View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 06:53 PM   #8
Kawabuggy

Re: Help Me Choose Correct P/S Box

Dell, thanks for the information! I was wondering what the final year was that Chevy stopped putting the steering box on the OUTSIDE of the frame rail and moved it to the INSIDE. I mentioned in another post that I recently drove a 2000 Silvy 4x4 that had a P/S box and LOVED the road feel, and turning radius.. But, when I started doing research on that particular vehicle I found that the P/S box had moved to the INSIDE of the frame rail in that year. Now I know, thanks to your post, that in 87 they were still on the outside.

Now I have an idea that I'd like to throw out there.... I used to have a '69 Camaro and the hot thing to do with them was to take a 1988 Iroc Z-28 steering box and put it in that car. It gave remarkable road feel, and a very short 3 turn lock to lock... Would it be possible to remove the guts from one of those Z-28 boxes, and put the internals into a "truck" box? I guess the only thing that would worry me would be if the pittman arm is splined the same way, or not... Inquiring minds want to know if it can be done..
Kawabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote