View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 10:44 PM   #30
PaPaStewySnipes

Re: Starting the overall replacement of front suspension today :-) drop time.

I did a test bath once before, totaly immersed with a stronger mix for a badly rusted radiator clamp for 30hrs to see what it would do and I did notice etching of the metal in areas that had little if any rust, I wasnt worried about it, primer stuck good and filled it in. Yes I soda rinsed it and rinsed it good again, used a ready wipe then I primed it black and it looks new off the line. I have a pic of it up. Some parts you may not want pitting from dip stripping like control arms, so I got them clean as I could with a wire wheel and wire brush after soaking in a medium strength KK mix i sprayed on for 45min, did it again, then used a weaker converter spray I made to convert rust in pits and tight areas, was very easy and quick took me about 2hrs to have both arms ready for paint, I did minimal work. Worked very well. You will get the feel of it and make a mix how you need it. I simply always try to not over do it, you should be fine. Just clean it well with baking soda to neutralize like you said your doing and rinse good. Show me a pic of what your working on. That kleanStrip stuff will work the same it is just more potent. Most of the time you can not find out the exact amount of acid in that stuff on the bottle, you find out by using it and by googling. You will really be able to tell by using it. I have used both. A very strong mix will remove and weak will convert over time.

Last edited by PaPaStewySnipes; 09-19-2017 at 10:54 PM.
PaPaStewySnipes is offline   Reply With Quote