View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 01:01 PM   #1
cebra

71 Cheyenne Rooftop Build

Milestone Updates:
11/19-New Rearend Installed (3.42 with Posi)
9/19 - Bodywork and Paint Complete
5/19 - LS Motor and Manual trans dropped in
5/19 - Frame cut for a proper short bed
1/19 - Pulled old motor/trans
12/18 - Converted long bed to short bed
10/18 - Made a new wire harness and finished interior

Hello, new to the forum and Chevy trucks. I have put in a lot of wrench time over the years on various other vehicles. I purchased a 71 Cheyenne for a resto-mod project in fairly decent shape compared to others I could find locally. I live in a downtown apartment building so I am doing all of the work on the roof of my parking garage which is challenging at times as I have no power. The known issues are: rough idle, severe drip rail rust, door rust, leaking gas tank, and nearly every electronic accessory is not working. Since acquiring this behemoth I have stripped out the interior/dash, put in a new Grant steering wheel, snapped all my j-bolts, and installed aftermarket gauges. My next tasks are fixing all of the wiring issues, replacing the heater core/blower motor, and relocating the gas tank so I don’t have to work on the vehicle high as a kite. My goals are new stock’ish interior, paint/bodywork, static lower a bit, big wheels/tires, and down the road a LS motor and manual trans swap.

Once I can figure out how to shrink pictures down I will upload some. It is red/white for now but I will be doing a color change to (more than likely) black.

Last edited by cebra; 11-11-2019 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Updated milestones
cebra is offline   Reply With Quote