View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 10:21 AM   #5
stangtjk

Re: Do I need a 4' lift?

I completely redid the 4" lift on my blazer recently. When I bought it it had 4" lift springs up front and blocks in the rear. The rear axle was also swapped for a 14 bolt so my experience may be a little different but here's some of my learning experiences.

1. What I assume was the stock rear driveshaft was too short after the lift as there was evidence that the yoke slipped off the splines and beat up the bottom of the floor.

2. The rear tire appeared to be too close to the front of the wheel opening. Obviously made the driveshaft issue worse when moved back to center it in the wheel well.

3. Not sure who the manufacturer was that made the front leafs that were on it but they were obsurdly stiff. I could jump up and down on the front of the rig and they would not compress whatsoever.

I ended up swapping all the springs out for skyjacker soft ride springs. They definitely aren't the cheapest nor are they the best but I think they are a good compromise. Way better than what was on it.

I've got 37" military tires and HMMWV wheels on it right now with some bolt on wheel spacers. Everything clears so far for in town driving but would likely rub if twisted up on a trail.
Attached Images

stangtjk is offline   Reply With Quote