View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 12:23 PM   #43
vancelot69

Re: valve covers, engine rebuild, other stuff

Last week I ordered and received the oil pressure gauge tube kit from LockDoc, then yesterday I stabbed my new HEI distributor swap and installed the oil pressure gauge tube kit! I grabbed the spark plug wires and was going to put those on so I could get it started, but remembered the starter is off, plus it was getting late, so I called it a night.

I was surprised at how easy the distributor went in because when I got a new distributor for my 2000 Jimmy, I had to turn the oil pump gear to match the distributor/rotor, but I didn't have to do that on this one. In fact, it went in so smoothly, it makes me wonder if the distributor even meshed with the oil pump correctly. Is there any way to tell before I start it with 0 oil pressure and ruin it?

1. New distributor, and new oil pressure tubing brass to the right.
2. The old oil pressure tube was aluminum or something that was hard to bend, and had that rubber hose around it, so I just slipped it over the new brass one. It also had a junction... I guess someone before me replaced the coil part, but didn't run it all the way into the gauge?
Attached Images

2003 HD Road King
vancelot69 is offline   Reply With Quote