Thread: '72 gmc
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 10:31 PM   #105
Bird dog

Re: '72 gmc

Its home and complete, except for installing the door panels (want to run a few weeks of testing the nu-relics power windows before I install) and alignment. Raining here so its in the shop waiting until the Saturday alignment appointment.

Had a couple issues during the initial start-up.
1. LS3 ran crappy. Low idle and couldn't keep her going. Thought I may have to get it tuned. Made an appointment and when the tech asked for the part number of my ECM (computer) and I looked up my order 18 months ago, I found out I was shipped the ECM for the 430 hp ECM (mine is the hot cam 480hp). Got the replacement in and she runs perfect!

2. Was still having clutch issues with the T56. Modern Driveline sent me a .70 diameter master cylinder that wasn't giving the clutch enough movement. Ordered a .75" diameter, same issue but better. The third times a charm, ordered the 7/8" wilwood and clutch works perfect. Lesson learned. This was my first clutch and tranny install so I was worried I missed something.

Great oil pressure, Dakota HDX gauges are awesome, fans kicked on at 195 degrees, couldn't be happier at this point.

I only have about 3/4 mile on her at this point, but I am impressed at the power. Spun the tires in 3rd gear when I was getting merged into traffic to go around the block.

This thing sounds awesome and is going to be fun!!
Attached Images

Bird dog is offline   Reply With Quote