View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #509
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

JR,
Thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to read through TWENTY pages. I didn't realize I had blabbed THAT much! Ha Ha.

Inspiring? Nah, you guys that are doing full frame off jobs are the inspiring ones to me. I just know I'd likely crap out if I took mine all the way down to nothing. Plus I don't have the space for it anyway. But I DO plan to eventually blow it all apart for final real paint. And yeah, the color is beginning to grow on me even though it started off as an almost accident.

I really want to get to my frame like you but I'm forcing myself to weld repair the very minor rust holes in the bottoms of my doors, then I plan to paint the door bottoms in & out with KBS, and then....! I FINALLY get to put the weather stripping on and eliminate the door rattles.

But soon, I'll pull the bed off and go at the rear of the frame with scrapers, wire wheels and Ospho to totally eliminate the rust. Then I'm planning to roll on (yes, I said roll) Rustoleum Hammered paint even though I do have a compressor an spray gun. I've had extremely good luck with that paint, plus rolling it will allow me to easily touch it up if needed later.

JR, Please post a thread. I' love to see your progress!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote