View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 09:54 AM   #12
Willie Makeit

Re: My Truck Left Me Stranded

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrote View Post
LOL. I don't drive a 72 C10 because it makes sense. It's a fun truck, and a fun hobby. The engine in it currently runs great, but it runs like an old truck. Also, nothing about my driverrain belongs to the truck originally. It has a 75 350, a TH350 out of a car, and a rear end out of another C10. It has an Eddy 4bbl carb that is way too much for it, but I've got that pretty well tuned now. The PS leaks, the rear main seal drips a little bit, and it creaks and groans over bumps. And I love it for all these things.

However, I have a wife. I love this wife dearly. She supports my stupid ideas. But, she's used to a certain amount of comfort in her life. She drives a new Acura. She has nice handbags. She likes to be comfortable. She doesn't find being broken down in the middle of the road super comfortable. She doesn't think our garage smelling like gas is super comfortable either. She likes the idea of an old truck that runs like a new truck. (And really, I do too. I just use her as an excuse to make poor financial decisions.)
don't sweat the negativity because there's always a few of "those folks" in every crowd. they've done it all, seen it all, know it all and if you don't believe it just ask them.

your truck, your rules.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote