View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #21
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrux View Post
Wow, this is gonna be something fierce. So how long before this bad boy runs, oh and what tranny/xfercase you running behind it (please say NV4500)

My wife asks me the same question. I don't have a time frame yet, but with every piece I add, I'm one piece closer.

Ok, I'll tell you it's a NV4500. It actually is. I think automatics behind diesels are blasphemous. I know they are quicker and blah, blah, blah, but I don't care. The 730 inch diesel I drive daily has a manual and all the diesel engines I drove growing up had manuals so I guess I'm stuck with manual.

A NP205 will be located behind the NV4500. There is a story behind the NP205 that I am using, but I will save the drama for when it makes its appearance.

I'm trying to mentally prepare myself to start the wiring process. I actually went out in the shop and dug out the harness that I built for the big block. I admired the work involved and quality of construction. Then I remembered the work involved, the time it took to make and quickly put it back down and came back into the much cooler house. Maybe tomorrow.......