View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 12:22 AM   #70
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

My fiance scored me a sweet new 'toolbox' on eBay (I love this woman). Also received a new toy in the form of an Eastwood welder. I've laid a few beads with it, but the jury is still out on this one- it definitely welds, but I'm not sure it is up to par with the major brands. For $299 with the gas kit and free shipping included, it should do what I need it to, at least.

Also received a box o' goodies from The Truck Shop, one of which is a pair of new dash speakers that should sound better than the ones they're replacing

Last two are before shots of the 'new' wheels I'm picking up from a board member to replace my front 6.5" van rallies. I don't feel comfortable cutting any more from the lower control arms, so I will have the 7" wheels sandblasted and powder coated. They have 3/8" less backspacing, so they should clear my suspension with the 3" Belltech drop spindles...

I'll likely do a comparo/write-up/FAQ on the different types of 5-lug rally wheels (6.5, 7, and 8 inch) describing the differences between them, since I will have one of each on hand. This is one of those questions I see asked frequently and only recently did I really come to understand the differences between them and how to properly identify them, so I hope my efforts might help other members.
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 03-12-2011 at 12:34 AM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote