View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 04:14 AM   #5
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Re: Old Navy 50's era trucks for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number98 View Post
How did you find out early? Do you know if they are ebay only or if you can just go buy one?
I work for a plumbing wholesaler and our warehouse is next door to the moving company selling these. I pulled up to work for inventory Saturday morning and there were 4 of them lined up in the parking lot. Got a call yesterday from a guy from the warehouse that knew I was into old trucks and he went and talked to the guy from Avatar to get some info for me. Apparently they will entertain offers in person. Money talks! They seem like fair guys to deal with and at first didn't know what they had, but they have been getting a ton of emails about the ebay auction from people giving them more info on the trucks. I'm sure they're getting keen on what they are worth by now. I bet I could have given them $1000 cash that first Sunday and taken one home. Oh well.... I have nowhere to put one and the last thing I need right now is another project and hindsight is always 20/20. Hopefully someone from here can get a good deal.