View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 12:54 AM   #59
airspeed247

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Getting to it we checked out the rear wheel situation first. Figured at the very least if we could get that back on then we could roll it up on the trailer and figure out the starting issue at my friends house.

I had assumed something happened with the wheel adapter but after checking everything out the wheel adapter was actually perfectly fine. (Had wheel adapters as the bolt patterns for the truck and the wheels I had were different)

- I'd also like to note that I have been using wheel adapters/spacers for the last decade in various aspects and never (knock on wood) have I had an issue with them when installed correctly. -

After inspecting it looked like the lug nuts had literally just come loose and fallen off. Which makes zero sense as I checked all of them before it was shipped and then it was only driven a few laps around the farm after it had arrived. So my only thought is that, quite possibly, someone had tried to remove the wheel when it was being shipped as it was parked on the trailer overnight at one point. It's the only thing I can think of that even makes sense.

So after reinstalling the lug nuts and adding some air in the tires, that was good to go. Extremely happy with one easy fix.

Moving on to it not starting.

I assumed it was just the battery that had died. I had just installed a new Duralast AGM pretty recently before I shipped it. I prefer the Duralast AGM's over the Optimas after scouring the internet for reviews. This has been my 3rd Duralast AGM and they have all been great. We tossed some jumper cables on and let it charge for a few minutes. Quickly got her to turn over and with a little starter fluid in the carb she started right up and ran just as before.

Issue number 2, box checked.

At this point I hopped in, dodged the dozen wasps that had made homes in about 4 different locations in various areas of the truck and drove it right on the trailer. Needless to say that was a great feeling.
airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote