View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #222
phillipm

Re: 78 2wd Blazer - LS Swap and more..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboesec10 View Post
got a couple questions on your vintage air swap. Ive rebuilt all of my factory ac stuff and while very cold the airflow still leaves a lot to be desired. I did vintage in my c10 and love it but I'm curious if the vintage in the blazer makes much of a difference in the back seat area. My kids complain that its hot and they can't feel the factory ac at all..
Well I can't speak to how much leakage your current factory air setup has, but ours was terrible. The vent above the AC controls wouldn't even blow past the steering wheel. Basically had to have the driver's two as well as the center vent on you to even begin to feel the air on our factory setup. We were loosing so much out the bottom heater vents is was nuts. And, while yes the diverter door parts are still available from GM you're still dealing with old technology in my opinion.

I'm not going to say the passengers in the back seat or going to "feel" direct air blowing on them from the front. This is why all new GM full size SUV's have a separate rear air kit. However, I will say that this unit moves about 2x to 3x more air than our factory kit did. That volume does allow the cab air to get turned over much quicker.

To me it would still be cool to try and install a rear air kit in the blazer.

To that accord we're going to be installing the extra optional upper door weather stripping in our truck to further help seal up the cab. The more you can seal this thing up the better the outcome will be.
phillipm is offline   Reply With Quote