View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #12
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Interior Originality

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
No one has mentioned that you have a Cheyenne Super, which is why you have the houndstooth, as well as the woodgrain on the dash. Only Cheyenne Supers (RPO YE9) got those two things and only those two things set the Cheyenne Super interior apart from the Cheyenne (Z84).

The reason the carpet, dash pad, steering wheel, and column are black is due to having the tilt wheel option. All tilt columns were black with matching wheel. Had your truck come with the standard column it would have been Sandalwood (tan) color and so would all those other black parts.

Another some did/some didn't, like the Cheyenne Super glove box door, is the outer A/C vents could be either body color or black. to match dash pad, column, etc. As far as some Cheyenne Supers getting the black glovebox door, I have never seen one painted any color but body color or black. For example, I have never seen a Sandalwood one when truck had standard column with Parchment interior

Am I missing something as I don't see the tilt marked on the spid, I don't think it was standard equipment on a Cheyenne Super. If I'm right then someone added the tilt which has the black column and changed out the saddlewood dash pad and saddlewood steering wheel which means the saddlewood carpet is correct for the truck ???
Attached Images

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote