View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 09:16 AM   #5
Ghost's68

Thumbs up Re: Ls3 swap parts list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
I would switch to the 2005+ corvette pedal. It looks almost identical to the 71/72 pedal. Take a look at my 68 S/C build.
After looking up the corvette pedal, it does look like a better match and appears it has more range then the Camaro. It doesn't have much of a range of motion. They are faulty cheap too. I quickly cruised through that build thread. You got some awesome projects !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Yes, lots. The little things add up quick.

Engine mounts/adapters
Driveshaft
Accessory mounts (if needed)
Electric fan/shroud
Gauges or sending unit adapters
Shifter or adapter
Possible battery relocation
Additional fuse box/wiring

Lots of other things I'm probably missing, that's just off the top of my head. Plan, plan, and plan some more, then leave extra time and room in your budget for the inevitable unexpected.
Gauges will be down the road, I'll be going with A Dakota set. I will be upgrading my radiator with the entropy one with dual electric fans. As far as drive shaft more then likely I'll just either shorten the one piece one I have now or might even order a custom one from the drive shaft shop, depending on budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
You'll need an oil pan too, don't think the Camaro LS3 one will work in a truck.
I most certainly forgot about that! I'll add it to the list. Thanks everyone.

As far as the alternator goes, it's currently located low on the driver side, does anyone know if it has to be relocated up high?
Ghost's68 is offline   Reply With Quote