Thread: 47-55.1 AD wiring
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 04:54 PM   #47
gigamanx

Re: AD wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_50 View Post
Thanks, I'll be doing my homework lol. Where is a good place to put a relay bank? Just on firewall?

Ok this may sound dumb but can we clarify the lights on the front?

Did the big fender lights work as the high beams? This makes sense but what acted as running lights and what were turn signal lights? Aside from the fenders, there are a couple tiny lights inside the grille. Turn signals?

I was looking at some headlight bulbs that had built in turn signals... I'm assuming the headlight can be off for signal to work or do the lights stay on?
ooh, I just did my lights and had a similar thread asking how the rear tail lights work for park, stop, and turn.

Those big glass headlights in the fender are dual filament. They have both high and low beam. On the back you'll see a three prong plug. One is high, one low, one ground. Works great.

For front "running lights" I have the two rectangle ones that go in each side of the grill. These lights are dim as running lights and when I hit the turn signal, the correct side blinks at a brighter level. I'm considering switching them to amber just because the clear lenses don't seem turn-signaly enough for safety.

https://www.classicparts.com/1947-53...ctinfo/47-012/

The rear lights are where it gets real interesting. They are little squares with turn, running, and "park" lights. Works the same way...the running light is dim, the turn signal is super bright and the brake pedal will light both sides up brightly. The wiring harness is smart enough to know that if you have the brake pedal down and the turn signal on, one of those lights needs to turn on and off still.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote