View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 12:36 AM   #20
mr48chev

Re: Bickleton Wa car show

I scrolled down the page on Saturday morning to the 2nd of Sept to see if there were any close by events. http://www.cruzinmag.com/calendar.html

A friend of mine went up there last year and had a good time. More 60's and 70's rigs than older rigs this year.
Some outstanding cars if you checked the photobucket album. That little 53 ragtop was outstanding even though I would have made two changes on it. Both unbolt and bolt on and go. Just to keep the focus headed all in one direction. Totally on the line of it were mine I'd change_________ & _________ kind of thing.

The little Citron CV2 was probably the nicest one of those I have ever seen. True I haven't seen one in a while but the guys in the states that had those little buggers back in the 60's used them like a Jeep. If you got stuck you just picked it up and got unstuck. My former student and long time close friend's 71 or 2? Heavy Chevy Big block 4 speed Chevelle is one of the nicest regularly driven Chevelles in the country bar none. There was a Maroon Firebird with Killer paint. In a row of nice super cars that one just rocked. Even the jacked up 4x4 trucks had a lot going for them and were well detailed and well done.

Best part as I said earlier was no freaking loud music blasting out of speakers all over the place that was so loud you couldn't talk or visit with other people. Everyone was relaxed and kicked back and you could snoop the crafts booths and the flea market/yard sale stuff. The store/cafe was doing a landslide business and the Bluebird Inn which is the state's oldest tavern (not continuous operation though) was quietly doing a good business behind my friend's car while I was sitting visiting with him in what looks like the smokers chairs. Last time I was there I was up there pulling a 51 Merc out from behind the shop next door in the middle of the first snow storm of the year and bought the friend who hauled it for me coffee and lunch there. The town is famous for the Bluebirds that come back to nest there every year and the birdhouses the locals make for them and put on fence posts.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote