View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #4
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Re: Suburban A/C fix + Vintage Air?

I'm no AC expert either but I did replace the compressor and drier on our old Yukon a few years ago after watching a few youtube videos. Think of it all as a hydraulic system that produces lower temps instead of line pressure for a ram. It's all plug and play and the only real problem is the potential for leaks. Use the force and you'll be fine. I'm not trying to oversimplify, but really there's no magic going on here. Once it's all bolted on and buttoned up, you need someone to pull a vacuum on the system and charge it for you, but you'll need to do that either way. Also need to read up on converting freon to R134a and use the parts needed to convert. You might need custom lines made to hook up the factory system to the newer LS compressor, but I think I read somewhere here that there's an existing set of OEM lines that fit. I have since fixed the rear AC on the Yukon since the compressor was replaced. Once you burst the mystique bubble, it's just car parts. If I can do it, any shade-tree can.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote