View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 10:52 PM   #9
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Once I got the chassis on order, I then had to figure out what wheels I wanted and then decide, do I wait to get the truck back together and then order wheels or do I take a crap ton of measurements and order wheels off measurements and calculations? Well, I went the measurement route. It was painful, but worked out in the end. I did tons of body simulations using my old wheels (which won't fit on the new chassis) to get the wheel set in the wheel well and then I back calculated the backspace I would need based on the new track widths of the Pro-C10 which are different from the stock C10.

And yes, that is my front clip setup in my house. I put the clip at my estimated ride height, squared it up, then set tires in, looked at it, moved them, looked again, repeat until happy.
Attached Images

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote