View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #12
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

A lot of time spent in the garage today, but I don't feel like it was much progress. The cab feels like quite the mountain to climb to get it off.

Started with the steering column. I don't have enough room to lift the cab up and over, so I removed the linkage for the gear shift and the four bolts holding the steering box to the frame. Should sit low enough to move the cab backwards and slide it off the steering column. This sounds simple, but I spent hours messing with bolts, spraying on PB Blaster and working the threads. Inside the cab, I was introduced to the extremely tight quarters behind the dash and trying to get the gauges out so I could disconnect the wiring. What a P.I.T.A. that is!

All in a days work. I'm taking a break for a few days because I removed so much stuff as a new guy that my head is swimming a bit trying to remember how it all went together to begin with. I've taken lots of pictures and rethreaded the bolts into their holes after a piece was taken off. I'm now thoroughly in the "what the hell am I doing" phase.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote