View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #34
jocko

Re: GMC Pauls vs Brother's

I have two favorite vendors - GMC Pauls and Wes at Classic Heartbeat. For example, bought my dash bezel from Wes, it's perfect, no flaking. I don't know if it's drop-shipped or where it originated, but I know he carries quality, so I go with him. Paul's weatherstripping is the way to go, I try to avoid glue-on wx-stripping, and am very satisfied with the set I got from him. I look at Classic Heartbeat and GMCPaul's first - if they don't carry it, THEN I look at LMC/Brothers, etc. LMC is convenient and their catalog very helpful. But I've had the worst luck with them when it comes to "oh by the way, this is back-ordered" (usually the ONE thing that holds up a project), or a poor fit part, or whatever. Haven't had any bad experiences with Brothers, but to be honest, haven't used them very much. I do use LMC from time to time, and I'm glad they are there to provide what they provide. But when it comes to a particular part where quality of mfgr will matter, I always take the time to seek out Wes or GMC Pauls.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote