View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 10:55 AM   #136
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: No Limit Trailing Arm Rear Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTurbo565 View Post
Hey Chris. I purchased and installed the kit with the Ridetech three way adjustable shocks from Rob a couple of months ago. I have a 72 Chevy long bed that is pretty much stock except for the suspension and wheels/tires. I removed the bed for the installation and everything went pretty smooth. Drilling out the stock rivets is the worst part of the job. Everything is great quality, and with a little careful measurement, my truck didn’t require any adjustments in the rear for a perfect four wheel alignment. I haven’t had a chance to put it through the paces on a track, but the ride and handling is amazing. I had to add more clearance to the inside wheel houses to accommodate the 345/19X12 wheels and extra axle articulation for street driving, but the axle tracks the pavement really well and the rear axle hop/oversteer of death is greatly reduced. Rob did a great job!!
Thanks for the review, and welcome to the board!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
I tried every method of removing rivets and let me tell you, the $300 you'd spend on a cheap plasma cutter is so worth it -- you can shave the head off a rivet in about 10 seconds and then punch it out.
Must find one of these $300 plasmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Same thing w/a quality air chisel vs a cheap one. I struggled on rivets w/a new Craftsman unit. Upgraded to a Snap-On . . .... night & day difference.
So true. The HF air chisel will get it done, but you'll be there all day

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote