View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #133
Foot Stomper

Re: 1959 GMC 9310 Canadian built Shortbox Fleetside Deluxe

The exhaust manifold sprung when we took it off and no way no how could we get it to stop leaking so off it went to a machine shop for planing. Seals up perfectly now!

The box sides went off to the sandblasters and came back in great condition. There was a small amount of filler in them but that's not any concern. Epoxy primer is going on them and Ken says the amount of rust on them was minimal and won't take much time to get them into paint. See pics below.

Crystal Glass guys in Regina came out to install the windshield, including the stainless trim that I spent countless hours polishing and in two hours they were done! Very hard install but was made easier for them because the seat and steering wheel were not installed. Carpet is installed, seat is finished and installed too!
Ken painted the steering wheel last night so now the entire cab is completed and tight! Ken tells me he has the hood repainted. It **** him off that he missed a very small dent in it and won't accept that for one minute!

Sorry, no more pictures until it's done. Ken has cut me off! He wants to surprise me and my family with the final results. Looking to drive it home in the next few weeks. Once it's home, I'll post pictures to fill the time gap.

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote