View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #16
volksworld

Re: Carb Recomendation?

i'll give a vote AGAINST an edelbrock performer....my 454...edelbrock performer cam, manifold, and carb....never ran right out of the box....fell on its face....spread bore manifold with halfassed adapter plate to square bore carb...really edelbrock? thats your idea of matched components?....50 bucks for a calibration kit, weld in a bung for an 02 sensor and endlessly swap jets, springs and metering rods till i finally tore all the teeth off 1st gear in a muncie 4 spd trying to jet the bog out...stuck the poor little saginaw back in and drove it like a little old lady till it came apart for a frame-off..even changed the primary boosters at edelbrock tech's recomendation...still not done so was never happy....the only reason i went for the edelbrock was the 600 holley on the previous small block used to overfill the rear float bowl because i never really kicked the secondaries in during normal driving....(yes i replaced the needle and seat)...the edelbrock used a common bowl for primary and secondary so i figured that would eliminate the problem...in retrospect i probably should have tried a pressure regulator....

Last edited by volksworld; 08-12-2018 at 07:58 AM.
volksworld is offline   Reply With Quote