View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #118
McMurphy

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Not sure why but my camera doesn't like focusing on the weld itself.
Because you were too close to your target area and the offset from it, and the closest thing behind it. The lens and the sensor for the auto focus are not co-located, there is a bit of an offset to them as well so if you get too close, what the sensor is focusing on (especially in this case) is not what the lens is pointed at.

To adjust for this what you can do is rotate the camera clockwise or counter clockwise and press the trigger 1/2 way down until you get a point where the target area is in focus (in dimmer light situations you can see the "waffle" pattern of red light the sensor uses to measure distance to target), then you can rotate the camera back to its logical up-down orientation and finish pressing the camera trigger.

I hope this isnt too wordy....

FrizzelFry is a professional photographer, I am sure he could explain this alot better than I can.

One last thing as well.
Using a tripod or otherwise stabilizing the camera will increase photo clarity by 50% right off the top! ESPECIALLY in low light situations (like them night shots !!)

As always, love your build, hope to see pics of the whole truck again with some of this detail work you been getting done on it !!!

When is the next planned show for this rig?

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1

Last edited by McMurphy; 02-26-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: fixed quote box
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote