View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #120
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Thanks McMurphy, I'll try that out in the garage today. I think I understand what your saying about the focus, my bro's got a D400 (I think) and you can manually focus that thing perfectly on welds and small stuff.

As for the next show...that really depends. I've got a ton of work to do and....I'm crossing my fingers on this one....I might get to start my Rookie season doing bottom end on an NHRA Top Fuel Funny Car.
I'll probably try to have it back on the road by late April again, with the redone floors/carpets/etc that I'm trying to start pending the weather.
If I still don't have a job, I'll probably finish the body and bed and try to get pain on it... If I find a job, then I might forgo the paint and start working on the Procharger setup.

Diesel; the texture the Aluminum Oxide leaves is a bit rough for some, but it also depends on the material you are using it on. The pot metal and thin parts get a bit rough, but it a very even texture, kinda like a cast piece would feel. If I were using a filler primer, I don't think you'd really even see the texture after a coat or two. Because I want a textured satin finish, it played right into my hands. I'm using a low build sealer primer so the texture stays somewhat. As the paint and clear builds up you lose more and more of the texture. I'm hoping to finish with an "eggshell" feel to the parts, and the satin finish...something like you might find in a kitchen more than in a car.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote