View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
Thadious

Re: Bartmans AD-S10 Chassis Swap

I replaced my front cab mounts with 1"x2" tube stock with an 1/8" plate on the top and had a length of 1/8" flat stock folded into a "U" shape for my rear mounts. You can see them on my build with the cab on it's back. I placed the 4x4 blocks (3 1/2" in actual measurements) under the cab mount locations. I would highly recommend that you bolt up your front end and get all of that shimmed and located at the same time! One big point to note is that you will have to shim either the front or the back to get just the right rake on the cab for all the sheetmetal to line up.

Once you have the front end bolted up and aligned, put the hood on and check the gaps there... pay particular attention to the back edge of the hood where it meets the cowl... this is where you will notice very quickly if you have to shim the front or the rear of the cab up... If you don't, you will either have a larger gap at the bottom or the top edge. This is a sure sign that your cab has too much or too little 'rake'.

With everything aligned, you're good to go, bolt up your cab mounts (don't forget the body bushings to go with) and tack weld them onto the frame... pop the cab off and finish the welds... done and aligned!

Any questions, just holler!
Cheers,
Ted.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you...

My new build - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...70#post8958970
Thadious is offline   Reply With Quote